I loved reading about Nancy's love of flower gardening, 4-H, sewing, cooking, and so much more that reminds me of myself. I love that her foundation is her faith.
The book is all about how an introverted young lady started a business (first in her basement and then in a chicken coop, no less), reached out of her comfort zone, and followed her dreams.
I doubt that Nancy knows the opportunities that she has given me, but Nancy's Notions catalog carried three of my first patterns. In an industry where name is often everything, she took a chance on me. And that has led to other doors opening as well. If you're reading this, thank you so much Nancy! You have no idea how much that meant to me.
If you would like to preview a chapter of the book, you can click here to go to the book and then click "The Book"!
To read Nancy's own blog about the book, click here to go to her website.
Best of all, wouldn't you LOVE to win the book? To do that, go to Nancy's blog post about Seams Unlikely and leave her a comment.
Here's the tour schedule so that you can follow along:
- February 4 Nancy Zieman
- February 5 Eileen Roche
- February 5 Pat Sloan
- February 6 Melissa Stramel
- February 6 The Long Ladies
- February 6 Tori Thompson
- February 7 Amy Barickman
- February 7 Melissa Mora
- February 8 Shari Butler
- February 8 Vicki Christensen
- February 9 Carolina Moore
- February 9 Kate Mclvor
- February 10 Amy Ellis
- February 10 Melissa Mortenson
- February 11 Ilene Miller
- February 11 Liz Hicks
- February 11 Rachael Pannepacker
- February 12 Bill Gardner
- February 12 Elizabeth Evans
- February 13 Amy Webb
- February 13 Lindsay Wilkes
- February 14 Gertie Hirsch
- February 14 Veronica Philips
- February 15 Jenny Gabriel
- February 15 Laura Wasilowski http://artfabrik.com
- February 16 Frieda Anderson http://www.friestyle.com
- February 16 Rita Farro
- February 17 Cindy Cloward
- February 17 Joan Hawley
- February 17 Patty Young
- February 18 Nancy Zieman
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.